Schedule of Fees - Effective 1 July 2021
|Fee Description||Fee (ex. GST)||Fee (inc. GST)|
|Interment Administration Fee (applicable to each interment)||$230|
|Cancellation of burial within 24hrs of appointed time||$50|
|Own site selection - Standard Site||$260|
|Own site selection - Premium Site||$380|
|Certificate Issuance (applicable for pre need purchases)||$50|
|Search of cemetery records|
Right of Interment:The right of interment fee does not include the cost of plaques, granite rests or interment fees, unless otherwise specified
|Berwick Cemetery - Lawn Grave||$3445*|
|Harkaway Cemetery - Lawn Grave||$2005*|
|Large Memorial Rock (up to 6 sets of cremated remains)||$3485*|
|Medium Memorial Rock (up to 4 sets of cremated remains)||$2970*|
|Small Memorial Rock (up to 2 sets of cremated remains)||2445*|
|Memorial Rose Garden||1930*|
|Conversion of 25 year tenure to perpetual tenure||$390|
|Right of Interment cremated remains Conversion or Extension - Conversion - Perpetual to 25 years tenure||70% of perpetual tenure|
|Right of Interment Surrender - Maintenance as per DoHHS scale||POA|
|Interment Fees – Burials:|
|Berwick Cemetery - Adult - Lawn and Monumental||$1865|
Harkaway Cemetery - Adult - Lawn and Monumental
|Child - Lawn and Monumental ||$825|
|Stillborn and infants to 12 months - Lawn and Monumental||$610|
|Oversize coffin or casket exceeding 650mm in width - Lawn and Monumental|
|Extra depth digging (allow up to 3 interments where available) - Lawn and Monumental|
|Interment out of standard hours|
|Removal of ledger - family to engage a monumental mason to remove and replace||-|
|Berwick Cemetery - Exhumation||$4565|
|Berwick Cemetery - Lift and Reposition|
|Harkaway Cemetery - Exhumation||$2760|
|Harkaway Cemetery - Lift and Reposition|
Interment Fees – Cremated Remains:
|Berwick Cemetery - Interment of cremated remains – within any grave or memorial||$600|
|Harkaway Cemetery - Interment of cremated remains – within any grave or memorial||$405|
|Lawn Grave Standard Single Plaque (381mm x 279mm) up to 8 lines||$765|
|Lawn Grave Standard Dual Plaque (381mm x 279mm) up to 3 lines||$1120|
|Dual Plaque Detachable Plate (4, 5 or 6 lines)||$220|
|Rose or Rock Memorial Plaque (229mm x 184mm) up to 8 lines||$390|
|Memorial Plaque (Harkaway Cemetery) Standard Plaque (230mm x 230mm) up to 10 lines||$430|
|Memorial Wall Plaque (Harkaway Cemetery) (150 x 150 x 10mm) single grey granite||$120|
|Memorial Wall Plaque (Harkaway Cemetery) (150 x 385 x 10mm) double grey granite||$140|
|Memorial Wall Plaque (Harkaway Cemetery) inscription - per letter||$5|
|Memorial Wall Plaque (Harkaway Cemetery) borders and motifs||$36|
|Granite Rests and Bases:|
|Single Granite Rest - Berwick Cemetery (Grey)||$300|
|Double Granite Rest - Berwick Cemetery (Grey)||$340|
|Permit Fees for external suppliers:|
|Installation of externally supplied bronze plaque and or granite rest or other base by cemetery||$70|
|Installation of new headstone and base without existing foundation - Single Grave||$290|
|Installation of new headstone and base without existing foundation - Each additional grave forming the same monument||$41|
|Installation of new monument without existing foundation - Single Grave||$590|
|Installation of new monument without existing foundation - Each additional grave forming the same monument||$65|
|Major renovation of a single grave||$200|
|Minor renovation of a single grave||$120|
|Major renovation of each additional grave forming the same monument||$41|
|Additional memorial inscription||$70|
|Memorial permit fees - Out of standard hours||$100|
|Certification - second and/or additional inspection for monument completion certificate||$65|
- Manager: Belinda Smart
Contact Number: 0477 111 304
Email: email@example.com (emails may not be checked until late afternoon, evening or the following day).
- Business Hours are Monday to Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding public holiday’s).
- Berwick Cemetery: Corner of Inglis and Buchanan Roads, Berwick (main entrance is via Inglis Road) - Melway Reference - 111 F6. Appointments are required as there is no office or permanent staff on site.
- Harkaway Cemetery: 202 Hessel Road, Harkaway - Melway Reference - 111 B1. Appointments are required as there is no office or permanent staff on site.
- *All Lawn Graves and Cremation Memorial positions are are Premium Positions and include a Premium Position factor.
Note: when purchasing a lawn grave at either cemetery the grave is allocated at the time of need by Berwick ad Harkaway Cemeteries Trust and cannot be selected.
- Funeral Bookings may be made during business hours. A minimum of 3 working days notice is required. More urgent needs may be considered, however this will depend on the availability of our grave digging contractors.
EQUIPMENT AND PRESENTATION OF GRAVE SITE:
- As we do not have a lowering device, Funeral Directors will need to provide their own or bring bearers and tapes.
- A grave safety cover is always used and must be replaced after lowering.
- A sandbox will be supplied. Funeral Directors will need to supply chairs, umbrella’s, marquee etc if they are required.
- We will endeavour to remove all soil from Lawn Section burials however this may depend on weather and vehicle access.
- We will always place synthetic grass matting as appropriate over timbers and surrounding areas to present the grave and/or green shade cloth over stacked soil.
- Soil will usually be stacked and covered for Monumental Section burials.